The excavation calculators include various calculators that should help in estimating some items involved. With excavating it is pretty hard to come up with a price for cost of excavation.
The time it takes to excavate a hole for a basement will have a lot to do with the skills of the operator.
Excavating for foundations, one excavator operator was be able to do it in 4 hours. The excavation was just about perfect for placing the footings with a level excavation floor.
A second operator, working in this same sub division, would take all day+ and placing the footings for the home after he was finished took a lot of additional work.
Both operators used identical sized machines!
- Number of Truckloads
- Fuel Consumption for Operating a Machine
- Shrink and Load Factor
- Spike's Compaction Factor
- Swell and Load Factor
- Swell and Shrinkage of Excavated Materials
- Calculate the Volume of a Pile in Cubic Yards
- Calculate the Volume of a Pile in Cubic Yards - Cone Shaped
- Number of Truckloads (Metric Measurements)
- Calculate the Volume of a Pile in Cubic Metres
- Calculate the Volume of a Pile in Cubic Metres - Cone Shaped
- Bulking/Swell Factors for Various Excavated/Mined Materials
- Elevation Grade from a Percentage
- Elevation Grade from Inches per Foot
- Elevation Grade Slope in a Percentage, Millimetres
- Horizontal Length from Angle and Slope Length
- Grade Percentage to Angle in Degrees
- Vertical Depth from a Slope Percentage and Horizontal Length
- Amount of Material from a Rectangle Shaped Excavation