Sub Floor Material Calculator
This simple sub floor materials calculator will provide you with the lineal feet of floor joist needed, the number of sheaths to cover the floor and how much glue and how many screws it takes to attach the sheathing to the joist.
The screw count is a bit high at times but this will allow for losing some.
GlueOne tube of glue at 16 O.C. would do just over 3 sheaths.
19.2 O.C. = just over 3.5 sheaths
24" O.C = just over 4.5 sheaths
On a warm day you will be able to stretch that a bit, and on a cold day with cold glue, you will be hard pressed to get that amount of coverage out of your tube of glue.
Screws16" O.C. = 53 screws a sheath
19.2" O.C. = 46 screws a sheath
24" O.C. = 39 screws a sheath
Floor OpeningIf there is an opening in your floor enter the sq footage in the "Floor Opening" field.
It will update all the amounts needed, but it won't take into account any joist that may have to be doubled and or beams that would need to be added because of this opening.
- Exterior Wall Sheathing + Cost Calculator
- Gable Wall Upper Plate Length
- Gable (Rake) Wall Framing - Wall Height
- Plywood or OSB Sheathing Cost Comparing Calculator
- Plywood Sheathing # of Sheets for Wall or Floor Calculator
- Roof Truss Height
- Steel Stud Wall
- Stud Count
- Stud Length Increase - Gable Wall Framing
- Stud Wall Framing Calculator + Cost
- Sub Floor Material Calculator
- Stud Wall Framing Material Calculator
- Wall Framing Calculator (mulitple walls)
- Wall Section, Stud and Plate Cost (Metric)
- Deck Material plus Cost for Joist and Decking
- Deck Material, Joist plus Decking
- Number of Pales Needed for a Deck Railing
- Drop in Inches from a Slope in a Percentage
- Stair Riser Height
- Rough Framing, Stairs Material Plus Cost
- Number of Stair Risers Based on Building Code
- Stair Design
- Stair Slope in Degrees and Rise and Run Relationships
- Stair Well Floor Opening Size
- Stringer Length