Starter Board Size for Hardwood or Laminate Flooring
To prevent ending up with a final space to large for one board, resulting in a very narrow strip for your final board, you may have to adjust the width of your starter board by ripping it to a different width.
This calculator will give you the width of your starting board and the last board of your hardwood flooring.
- enter the length of the area
- enter the exposed face measurement of your floor board
- enter the measurement your are leaving for expansion
- the space that is left, based on full boards having been installed
- the size of one edge board ( result 1 divided in half)
Board and Tape
Paint and Wallpaper