Wall Insulation for Multiple Height Walls
Estimate the amount of insulation needed for a wall. Calculation is based on the square footage of the walls that need to be insulated divided by the square footage a bundle of insulation batt's covers.
Note:The amount of coverage of one bundle of batt's differs by manufacturer.
This calculator has options for 3 different wall heights. If you have a total of 60' length and 8' high walls enter this in Wall A. For different height walls use the other options. Openings that don't need to be insulated are the combined square footage of all the doors and windows plus whatever else won't need insulation.
- Wall A enter the total length of the wall(s) needing to be insulated
- Wall A enter the height of the wall
- Wall B enter the total length of the wall(s) needing to be insulated
- Wall B enter the height of the wall
- Wall C enter the total length of the wall(s) needing to be insulated
- Wall C enter the height of the wall
- enter the total square footage of openings that won't need insulation
- the square footage one bundle of batts covers
- the total area of all the walls in square feet
- the number of bundles of insulation needed
Board and Tape
Paint and Wallpaper