Basal Area from Girth Measured @ Breast Height in Centimetres
Calculate the basal area in square metres from the girth of a tree measured at breast height.
Girth of tree is measured at 1.3 metres above the ground.
To calculate for one tree:
Basal area in sq m = (girth ÷ 3.14159)² * 0.00007853975
circumference of tree measured @ breast height = 76 centimetres
76 ÷ 3.14159 = 24.19
24.19 * 24.19 = 585.2321453666172 * 0.00007853975 = 0.04596 sq metres of basal area
Basal Area from Tree Girth Measured @ BH
- tree girth measured @ breast height in centimetres
- average thickness of bark in centimetres
- decimal rounding preset @ 5
- diameter of tree in centimetres
- basal area of tree in square metres
(if no value is used for bark thickness, basal area and diameter of tree includes the bark)
Stems, Girth, Diameter and Basal Area Calculators