Newton's Formula Calculator
Calculate the volume of a log using Newton's Formula.
One calculator for Imperial units and one for Metric units.
Newton's formula is the standard against which other cubic formula's are compared. The top, middle and base diameters are used with the log length for the determination of cubic volume.
For imperial units the volume is in cubic feet.
For metric units the volume is in cubic metres.
diameter small end + diameter large end / 2 = DIB mid section
Newton's Formula - Imperial
Newton's Formula - Metric
Cubic Volume Log Rule Calculators
- Nova Scotia Cubic Metre Log Scale
- Pressler's Cubic Foot Formula
- Smalian's Formula - Metric
- Smalian's Formula - Imperial
- Solid Volume of a Log
- Spike's Rule
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method One
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method Two
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method Three
- William Klemme