Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method OneSwedish Log Volume Calculators: Method One - Method Two - Method Three
"Measuring of Roundwood" as recommended by the Timber Measurement Council
Measuring log volume using top (small) end diameter measurement. Top measurement may be used on all tree species, regardless of diameter and length.
The top diameter is measured 10 cm from the top end of the log.
All diameter measurements are measured under the bark.
V = π ÷ 4 * L * Dt²where:
V = the log volume in cubic metres
L = length of the log in metres
Dt = the small end diameter measured 10 cm from the top end of the log
Using Small End Diameter
- enter the log length in metres
- top end diameter measured 10 cm in from the top end of the log
- the volume of log in cubic metres
Cubic Volume Log Rule Calculators
- Nova Scotia Cubic Metre Log Scale
- Pressler's Cubic Foot Formula
- Smalian's Formula - Metric
- Smalian's Formula - Imperial
- Spike's Rule
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method One
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method Two
- Swedish Log Volume Calculation Method Three
- William Klemme