Gambrel Roof - Wood Shingles Calculator
Calculate the amount of woood shingles needed to cover a Gambrel roof.
The wood shingles calculation is based on:
Shingles coverage of one roofing square (100sqft) = 4 bundles @ 5" exposure, 1 bundle covers 25 square feet @ 5" exposure.
Gambrel Roof - Shingles
- Enter the length of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the width of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the overhang of the eaves. (inches)
- Enter the overhang of the gable. (inches)
- the lower pitch length measured from outside wall to the start of the upper pitch (feet+inches)
- Enter the pitch of the upper roof (rise /12")
- Enter the pitch of the lower roof. (rise /12")
- Exposure of wood shingle (inches)
- Waste factor if required. (percentage)
- It adds 1 bundle for every 60 lineal feet of perimeter starter course.
- It adds 1 bundle for every 25 lineal feet of ridge.
- If you are planning to use pre-made capping for the ridge subtract the amount for ridge from total bundles needed.