Hip Roof - Wood Shingles Calculator
Calculate the amount of wood shingles needed for a hip roof.
Hip Roof Shingles
- Enter the length of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the width of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the overhang of the eaves. (inches)
- Enter the pitch of the roof: (rise /12")
- Enter a waste factor (percentage)
The wood shingles calculation is based on:
Shingles coverage of one roofing square (100sqft) = 4 bundles @ 5" exposure, 1 bundle covers 25 square feet @ 5" exposure.
It adds 1 bundle for every 60 lineal feet of perimeter starter course.
It adds 1 bundle for every 25 lineal feet of ridge and hips.
If you are planning to use premade capping for the ridge subtract the amount for Ridge from total bundles needed.