Shed Roof Wood Shingles Calculator
Calculate the amount of wood shingles needed to roof a Shed style roof online.
The wood shingles calculation is based on:
Shingles coverage of one roofing square (100sqft) = 4 bundles @ 5" exposure, 1 bundle covers 25 square feet @ 5" exposure.
Length B has to be the wall that slopes for this calculator to work.
Shed Roof Shingles
- Enter the length A of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the length B of the building. (feet+inches)
- Enter the side overhang. (inches)
- Enter the rear overhang. (inches)
- Enter the front overhang. (inches)
- Enter the pitch of the roof. (rise /12")
- Enter the exposure of the shingle. (inches)
- Enter a waste factor if required (percentage)
- Square footage of roof.
- The pitch of the roof in degrees.
- The amount of wood shingles needed to cover the square footage.
- Amount of wood shingles added for the waste factor.
- For starter strip it adds 1 bundle for every 60 lineal feet of perimeter starter course.
- Total bundles needed = 3+4+5.