Exterior Wall Framing Calculator
with Window and Door Options
This calculator will provide you with the estimated material needed to frame a stud wall and includes the options to add windows and doors.
If you have windows and doors in your wall add them as needed with the "Add a Window" or Add a Door" option.
The measurements for these have to be added in feet using decimal format.
Number of Ply = the number of boards that make up your header.
Number of Cripples = the number of supports you need to support your header. (1 added in this field will add 2 studs to the total. 2 added will add 4 studs to the total. Etc...)
You can add multiple walls and the totals for all results will be calculated in the Total fields.
These amounts must be entered.
- Enter the stud spacing required in inches.
- Wall height in feet using decimal format.
- Click Add a Wall.
- Add the length of the wall in feet using decimal format.
- Add the number of corners and partitions as required.
- Hit the calculate button.
Foot/Inch to Decimal Format Conversion
- Exterior Wall Sheathing + Cost Calculator
- Gable Wall Upper Plate Length
- Gable (Rake) Wall Framing - Wall Height
- Plywood or OSB Sheathing Cost Comparing Calculator
- Plywood Sheathing # of Sheets for Wall or Floor Calculator
- Roof Truss Height
- Steel Stud Wall
- Stud Count
- Stud Length Increase - Gable Wall Framing
- Stud Wall Framing Calculator + Cost
- Sub Floor Material Calculator
- Stud Wall Framing Material Calculator
- Wall Framing Calculator (mulitple walls)
- Wall Section, Stud and Plate Cost (Metric)
- Deck Material plus Cost for Joist and Decking
- Deck Material, Joist plus Decking
- Number of Pales Needed for a Deck Railing
- Drop in Inches from a Slope in a Percentage
- Stair Riser Height
- Rough Framing, Stairs Material Plus Cost
- Number of Stair Risers Based on Building Code
- Stair Design
- Stair Slope in Degrees and Rise and Run Relationships
- Stair Well Floor Opening Size
- Stringer Length