Average Shrinkage Values Of Wood At Various Moisture Content
It calculates at 3 preset values and one for the moisture content you desire to dry your wood to.
The fiber saturation point (FSP) is preset @ 30. This based on that in most publications this is used as an average value but 28% for North American species sounds like a better option. The FSP for some of the tropical species appear to be much lower.
Shrinkage @ Various % Moisture Content
- enter the total tangential shrinkage %
- enter the total radial shrinkage %
- enter the total volumetric shrinkage %
- enter the desired moisture content
- enter the fiber saturation point of the wood species (preset @ 30%)
- shrinkage of wood dried to 20 % MC
- shrinkage of wood dried to 15 % MC
- shrinkage of wood dried to 6% MC
- shrinkage of wood dried to your selected % MC
- TS/TR ratio