Board and Batten Siding Calculator
Calculate the amount of material needed to cover a wall with Board and Batten Siding.
- Are you strapping the wall with 1 x 4's? Yes or No
There are three options for a wall that you apply the Board and Batten Siding to.
If the sheathing is 3/4" thick you can nail the B&B directly to the wall.
If the sheathing is less than 3/4" you can either strap the wall with 1 x 4's or you can install solid blocking for backing in between the studs at the heights the B&B needs to be nailed.
If you select yes here it will add the amount for strapping needed to the "Furring Board" lineal footage
- Enter the length. (feet + inches)
- Enter the height. (feet + inches)
- Enter the width of the board. (inches + faction)
- Enter the width of the trim board. (inches + faction)
- Enter the gap width between the boards. (inches + faction)
- Enter the combined square footage of windows and doors in Wall Openings. ( square feet)
- Enter a waste factor if required. (percentage)
ResultsIt is assumed that a 1" x 4" is used for the furring strip.
It won't add any materials required for furring out around window and door openings.
Using a waste factor will increase the lineal feet needed for the boards and battens by the percentage of waste required. It will not add anything to the furring strip and trims lineal feet needed.