Wood Siding Calculator
This calculator can be used for basically any type of siding including, ship lap, dolly varden, fiber cement, engineered wood etc....
To use this calculator you have to know the exposed face value of the siding you are planning to install.
Actual width - overlap = exposed face
- Enter the wall length. ( feet & inches)
- Enter the wall height. ( feet & inches)
- Enter the combined square footage of your windows and doors in "Wall Openings". (square feet)
- Enter exposed face value of the board. (inches + fraction)
- Enter waste factor if required.(percentage)
- The square footage of your wall minus the openings.
- Amount of siding needed in lineal feet to cover the wall.
- Amount of lineal feet your waste factor adds.
- Total amount of siding in lineal feet needed = 2 plus 3.