Rough Framing, Stairs Material Plus Cost
This calculator will calculate the material needed for a set of stairs with closed risers and the cost of the wood part for these stairs. Does not include cost for screws and glue.
You can play with this calculator trying out different options for the number of risers and run size. If you change a value, hit the calculate button and it will re calculate the result. Hitting the rest button will clear the form completely.
- total rise (floor to floor height in feet and inches)
- number of risers
- run ( unit run depth in inches)
- width of the stairs
- the number of stringers you are using for your stairs
- material length used for one stringer ( length in feet. The length has to be long enough for the stringer ) plus the lineal foot cost for this material.
- length of the board used for the treads ( length in decimal feet, the total length for cutting individual treads out of), plus the lineal foot cost for this material.
- length of the board used for closing off the risers ( length in decimal feet, the total length for cutting individual riser boards) plus the lineal foot cost for this material.
- Per lineal foot cost of material used for strengthening the stringers
- total rise converted to inches
- the height of one riser
- slope of the stairs in degrees
- total run of stairs
- length of one stringer
- combined length of stringers used
- riser boards: how many pieces you can cut out of one total length. How many of these lengths you will need. Cost of this material including the left overs
- tread boards: how many pieces you can cut out of one total length. How many of these lengths you will need. Cost of this material including the left overs
- cost of stringers based on material used for cutting them
- The combined cost of the wood used in your stairs
- tubes of glue needed or part of a tube (based on a large tube, anything that can be glued is glued)
- # of small screws used for screwing the riser boards. (2 for each riser per stringer)
- # of medium screws( used for screwing the tread boards (3 for each tread per stringer and includes screws for attaching the stringers to the floor system using 3/4" plywood )
- # number of large screws which could be used for attaching stringers to wall and laminating the throat strengthener to the stringer instead of using nails
- Plywood or OSB Sheathing Cost Comparing
- Exterior Wall Sheathing + Cost
- Plywood Sheathing # of Sheets for Wall or Floor
- Steel Stud Wall
- Stud Count
- Stud Wall Framing Calculator + Cost
- Sub Floor Material
- Stud Wall Framing Material
- Wall Framing Calculator (mulitple walls)
- Wall Section, Stud and Plate Cost - Metric
- Deck Material plus Cost for Joist and Decking
- Deck Material, Joist plus Decking
- Number of Pales Needed for a Deck Railing