Hardwood Flooring Calculator
This calculator can be used for any type of flooring that comes in planks such as hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, vinyl, and cork flooring.
- Enter length A of the room. (feet+inches) Note: flooring runs perpendicular to the length A of the room
- Enter the length B of the room. (feet+inches)
- Enter the exposed face of the plank. (inches)
- Enter the square footage a carton of flooring covers (sq. ft. /carton)
- Enter a waste factor. (percentage)
- Square Footage of Room: the calculation for flooring needed allows for 1/2" expansion gap around the room
- Amount of Planks to Cover Floor: The amount of flooring needed in lineal feet to cover the floor.
- # Of Full Rows Across Floor: # of rows with full width planks from end to end.